- Order Information
You have 4 ordering options:
1. Credit Card
If you want to pay online simply browse and order at will, then select pay by credit card on the order form and follow the instructions. once completed you will have a copy of the invoice to print for your records.
2. Mail in Order
If you want to mail in your order and pay by check, money order or cash, simply browse and order at will, then select pay by check on the order form and follow the instructions. once completed you will have a copy of your totaled invoice ready to print and mail to us with payment.
3. Fax Order
If you want to Fax in your order and pay by credit card or check, simply browse and order at will, then select pay by check on the order form and follow the instructions. Once completed you will have a copy of your totaled invoice ready to print and fax to us. If you want to pay by credit card you must write your credit card number and expiration date on the invoice. If you want to pay by check, tape a check written out to us for the total on the invoice to a piece of paper and fax it along with your invoice to 304-258-3100. Be sure to include your drivers license # and state of issue for faster processing.
4. Call in Order
You can call in an order at 304-258-2900. If you call during business hours, you will get one of the J & L sales team to assist you. After hours you can leave us a message and we will get back to you on the next business day. If you have questions about anything feel free to call us at 304-258-2900
Our shipping charges are actual for UPS. You are given choices on most orders as to how fast you want the items delivered. We also offer a base Flat Rate Ground for orders under $99.00, and the option for FREE Ground shipping on orders over $99.00 (Continental USA only). The base rates are shown here:
|Order Dollar Value||Shipping Rate|
|$1.00 - $125.00||$6.99 (Lower 48 States - US orders only)|
|$125.00+||FREE Option (Lower 48 States - US orders only)|
We moved to a "Flat Rate" because of the many requests we had from our customers. We understand how tight things are and we wanted to make ordering more economical. With this said, we had to add packaging fees to the larger items. Any items with a packaging fee will have the fee displayed on the product page.
Most orders in before 3:00 PM EST are shipped same day. Orders in after 3:00 will be processed the next business day. Most orders shipped within the continental US will be via USPS or UPS UPS Day, 2nd day or Express Delivery. Please note pepper spray cannot be shipped expedited.
2nd Day Shipping means 2 business days. I.E. an order shipped on Friday would arrive in Tuesday. Express Shipping means the next business day. I.E. an order shipped on Friday would arrive on Monday. Saturday Shipping is available at the express rate + a $12.50 weekend delivery fee. All Saturday deliveries must be arranged over the phone. Saturday shipping is not available online, and not available to all areas.
AK, HI, PR, GU and VI orders can ship US Mail but there are restrictions on pepper spray.
Bad addresses, missing apartment numbers, re-routes to another address (your work or a friends house etc.) will result in a service charge. UPS and Fed Ex charge $5.00 for ground corrections and $10.00 for expedited corrections. They charge us, so we will have no choice but to charge you. To avoid any corrections charges please double check your address before you submit your order.
The only real restriction is pepper spray which must ship ground.
Any claims of damage, loss, shortages or missing items must be made within 5 days of receiving the items.
- All orders outside the US are handled on a case by case basis. This is because of various governments and customs regulations worldwide that may prohibit some of our products from crossing their borders. I try my best to get things through discreetly.
- We cannot export stun guns without a license. We will not apply for a license unless there is a large order, and there are no guarantees that the license will be granted. Pepper spray is also a restricted item.
- When I say no guarantees it means that you pay for the item even if it gets confiscated. If they send it back we can try to reship or send you a refund minus shipping charges. I will need to know what you want in order to quote you shipping. Payment will need to made in advance.
- If you are paying by credit card, I prefer American Express or Discover (Novus), but I will take Mastercard or Visa provided you answer all the security questions so that we may verify the billing phone number and shipping address with your bank.
- You also have these payment options available: Western union, international money order, American Express Travelers Checks, cash, bank wire transfer and bank check in US funds as forms of payment.
- There are Western Union offices all over the world, and even online. You can use this link to send payment online: http://www.westernunion.com/ Use our information below to send us a payment.
- You can obtain an international money order or American Express travelers checks from your local bank, we treat them like cash.
- You can send cash, but I recommend you wrap it in an extra sheet of paper so that it does not "get lost" in the mail system. You can also insure we get the letter if you register it.
- If you want to pay with bank wire transfer then email us for our account information. There is a $10.00 additional bank charge to wire us money.
- You also have the option of sending a bank check in US funds, but that will cost you an extra $15.00 for processing. It is the fee my bank charges me.
- To get our mail in form go to: http://www.selfdefenseproducts.com/faxmail.htm
- On this page you can type in your info and then print it out. You can also go through the site and check out online. You may find the shipping charges a bit high. This is because the prices listed are actual UPS foreign rates. I can usually ship cheaper, but I will let you know this once we correspond through email.
Duties & Customs Charges:
All Customs rules, clearance and any expropriation actions in your country are the sole responsibility of the buyer. We strongly encourage you to contact your local customs agency and confirm that it is legal to import any type of self defense product before you consider an order. We cannot be held liable for packages lost or seized by your local customs agency
Customs may charge you additional duties, tariffs or other charges upon delivery of your package. We do not have a means of determining how much these charges will be. Please contact your local customs authorities to inquire directly. These charges are unrelated to the shipping charges and are the sole responsibility of the buyer.
In plain terms, all duties and taxes assessed by your governments are your responsibility.
J & L Terms
Our return policy is simple. If an item arrives that is not what you expected, you can return it within 15 days. This does not apply to Lock Picks or related items, spy cameras, digital or analog recorders, Night Vision or Books & Videos. . There are no returns on the above mentioned items.
There will be a 15% restocking fee on some returned merchandise, otherwise a $1.00 fee will be deducted for processing.
(The refund will not include shipping charges). To return an item, e-mail to Email Us and request a Return Authorization (RMA) number for return. You will be responsible for shipping back the unwanted item. The item must be returned in the condition it was received and in its original packaging. This will insure prompt credit to your account.
If an item is damaged or shipped to you in error you can Email us or call us at 1-304-258-2900 to receive a Return Authorization (RMA) number for return. Once processed you will be sent a replacement product or given a refund for the wrong product.
All orders to be shipped to an address in the state of West Virginia must include 6% sales tax on the entire amount of the order. Product specifications and illustrations are subject to manufacturer’s changes. Checks returned by your bank are subject to a fee of $25 or the maximum amount permitted by law. Returned checks, along with the returned check fee, may be electronically presented to your bank. The check writer is also responsible to reimburse J & L SELF DEFENSE PRODUCTS for all costs of collection incurred. Every effort is made to ensure accuracy in this catalog, however, we are not responsible for typographical errors. Prices are subject to change without notice. We are not responsible for errors, omissions or misprints. Order fulfillment is subject to availability. Sales, promotions or offers on our web site cannot be combined with any other sales promotions or previous purchases. All orders are subject to acceptance by J & L SELF DEFENSE PRODUCTS.
There are State and Local restrictions in a few jurisdictions prohibiting the possession or use of stun guns and several other items shown on our web site. J & L WILL NOTsell any products in violation thereof. It is the responsibility of you the buyer, not J & L Self Defense Products to understand your local, state, and federal laws before placing an order.
If you are unsure of your states laws pertaining to any products you want to order, you should consult local, state, or federal authorities to be certain you are not breaking any laws. It is your decision whether to be in civil disobedience of your local laws. The politicians who make these laws are themselves protected by armed state troopers. We consider self-preservation a basic human right.
All the weapons and products sold on our on line store are either novelty items or are for defensive and training purposes only. We under no circumstances will sell to minors, or to anyone we feel may use our products for illegal purposes. We reserve the right to decline any order. By placing an order, the buyer represents that he/she is of legal age and that products will be used only in a legal manner. By placing an order for locksmithing tools, the buyer asserts to be, without fraud or deception, a bonafied member of the locksmithing industry, or other qualified personnel.
Having no control over the use of any product once in the buyer's possession, we assume no liability associated with their use. Under no circumstance is J & L Self Defense Products Inc. liable for any loss, cost or damage, of any kind arising out of the use or inability to use, these products, or the suitability of use for any particular task. This responsibility is totally on the buyer. Owning and or carrying self defense weapons is a large responsibility. If you are not sure whether you can handle it, please don't buy our products until you get the proper training. (see safety awareness for self defense and training related links)
In the event of a dispute between the Buyer and J & L Self Defense which cannot be resolved by negotiation, and in the event the Buyer undertakes to sue J & L Self Defense in a court of law, then it is hereby stipulated that venue for any such action shall be only in Morgan County, State of West Virginia.
By ordering from our site, you are certifying that you are at least 18 years of age or older, or you have parental/guardian permission to order from our site. You are also certifying that the products ordered will be used only in a lawful manner and that you or your parent/guardian has read, understand and agree to the terms posted here on this page. If paying by credit card you are authorizing J & L to charge your account the Total shown on the order form.