Everyone these days seems to have an opinion on self defense, but the fact is that no one is completely safe all of the time. Whether you are walking home alone at night or you are put into a dangerous situation on accident, it’s crucial to always be prepared. Not everyone is comfortable carrying a gun, and that is perfectly alright. That’s why we at JL Defense Products sell self defense equipment designed to safely get you out of a scary situation and divert your attacker. Have you ever stopped and thought about your action plan in case of an attack?
As easy as it is to dismiss all attackers as the creepy guy in a trenchcoat in the parking garage, this isn’t the case. In fact, more than 80 percent of all rape victims know their attacker already. This shows that most attacks happen when you are not prepared to handle them. We always recommend taking a self defense course, but it’s important to have multiple strategies in mind to get you out of a frightening situation. When you are in a place where you need to fight back, here’s what you can do to prepare:
- Have a weapon. Again, this does not need to be a gun. Whether it’s a taser gun or pepper spray, these items can be very effective at distracting and protecting you from an attacker. Make sure you have it on you at all times. It’s important to carry your weapon and be able to quickly use it, so practice switching off a safeguard or removing a pepper spray cap as soon as you have it.
- Have easy access. Having your weapon on you at all times won’t do much good if it’s at the bottom of your purse. If you do opt to put it in your purse, make sure it’s in a place where it won’t get buried. However, we recommend carrying your weapon in your hand when you are alone.
- Know your surroundings. Planning ahead means knowing where you are and avoiding dangerous places. Make sure you are aware of your closest exits and places to run in case of an attacker.
Choose What to Carry
The good news is that our self defense equipment was designed to be easy to carry and not easily identified. In other words, your attacker won’t know to disarm you ahead of time. We offer self defense items, such as:
- Pepper spray keychains - These make your pepper spray easily accessible. Many people carry their keys on the way to their car, so you can feel prepared and armed at all times.
- Streetwise sting ring - This stun gun was designed to be concealed easily in the palm of your hand. The base can held while the top part is a ring to put around your middle finger. When you turn off the safety and grip the unit tightly, the unit activates for you to stun your attacker.
- Knives - Whatever your style of knife, we can help. Many of our knives are easily concealed and hard to tell what they are, leaving you to protect yourself without the attacker disarming you.
Whatever you feel you need to protect yourself, JL Defense Products can help. Shop now to keep yourself safe on the streets!
When you think about personal protection devices, we’re sure the same few products come to mind: stun guns, knives, and pepper spray. While many of our clients choose to use pepper spray, not many of them fully understand how pepper spray works, nor how effective it can be in stopping an attacker right in his [...]
When you are in danger of an attacker, it’s essential that you know how to escape quickly and effectively. That’s why we offer self defense equipment, including pepper spray and stun guns. However, it never hurts to have a collection of self defense moves up your sleeve in case an attacker catches you by surprise. [...]
What is an Assisted Opening Knife? Assisted Opening knives or Spring Assist Knives are a type of knife which uses an internal mechanism to open the blade from a closed position when slight pressure is applied to a thumb-stud or similar type device. Well what does that mean? It means a super fast opening blade using just one [...]
Carrying pepper spray in your vehicle could just save your life.I decided to make my first blog post about carrying pepper spray in your vehicle after reading this article: Women encouraged to practice self-defense after string of sex assaults in LakewoodIn short there is a guy who has been running his car into the car [...]
This is a news post from 2007 that was lost in archives and when I found it I felt the need to post it to the blog section so others could laugh at my pain;-) West Virginia Pole Cat I want to share a story with you that truly did reek:-) as you will see. (At the [...]
"A FISTFUL OF DYNAMITE"The KubotanBy Andrew BreenWhat is the most common martial arts weapon in the United States? While weapons such as the PR-24 and extension baton have found growing acceptance in law enforcement circles, what about the general population? Undoubtedly, the most popular, and quite possible the most versatile personal defense weapon is the [...]
A Women can be attacked at almost any timeYou may have seen statistics that indicate that one in four women in the United States will be assaulted at some point in her life. If you think that is high, it is nothing compared to countries in the Middle East or India, for example, where sexual [...]
Suspect sought in Gaithersburg attempted abductionWalking or Jogging alone at any time of the day can be dangerous. Today 4/22/13 a fourteen year old young man was jogging in his own neighborhood when a van pulled up and a man jumped out and grabbed him.The young man fought back and got away from his abductor. [...]
IF YOU COULD CHOOSE THE BEST WEAPON FOR SELF-DEFENSE, WHICH WOULD IT BE?I get this question all the time, and with the current anti-gun movement in motion I have not changed my answer… I feel the best overall self defense weapon the average person can legally carry is pepper spray. I am not talking about [...]