Ultra-Cuffs are the first forged aluminum rigid frame restraint. They incorporate the innovative advances in handcuff design that were pioneered by ASP. Lightweight, round smooth edges, interchangeable Lock Sets, conical bows, double sided keyways. Added to these revolutionary design elements is a frame that is forged from 7075 T6 ordnance grade aluminum and permanently joined by 4140 heat treated spiral locking pins. The result is a series of handcuffs that have been called the most significant advance in restraint technology of this century.
A flat contact bow improves application. Both steel and optional aluminum bows are highly radiused to prevent injury. There is a keyway and double lock slot on each side of each restraint. A double lock warning bar is readily visible. Both double and single locks are released by turning the key in a single direction. The lock assemblies are unitized and replaceable. The frame geometry, deep set teeth and precision smooth action eliminates the need for back loading.
- Designed to “lighten the load” from the input of officers and instructors from over 100 different nations
- Lightweight, round smooth edges, interchangeable Lock Sets, conical bows, double sided keyways
- Combines greater control with lighter weight
- Double Sided Keyway and replaceable lock set
- The frame geometry, deep set teeth, and precision smooth action eliminates the need for back loading