This fire starter is great for survival or camping. Quickly lights any fire. This small unit will work for thousands of strikes. You can use it to ignite damp or dry tinder.
• Tactical Magnesium Fire Starter
• Magnesium Bar with Flint
• Patented Striker
• Knurled Handle for Grip
• Ball Key Chain
• For Best Results Remove the outer protective layer on the Flint and the Magnesium bar.
How to Use the Fire Starter:
(1) Gather tinder: twigs, dead branches, dry bark, grass, pine needles, lint or paper
(2) Hold the magnesium rod at an angle above your tinder pile
(3) Use the striker to scrape along the length of the magnesium rod to create shavings
(4) Let the shavings fall into your tinder pile
(5) Keep scraping until you’ve scraped a pile of shavings amounting approximately to the size of a quarter coin
(5) Hold the flint at an angle over the pile of magnesium shavings, then slide your striker along the length of the flint forcefully to create sparks
(6) Continue to slide striker against the flint until the sparks you’ve created land directly onto the pile of magnesium shaving & tinder and ignite the fire
(7) Once ignited, blow gently on the magnesium shavings to spread flames to the rest of your tinder